Over the past 30 years, Steecon has continually succeeded in meeting the aviation industry’s rigorous demands for safe, high-quality, light-weight interior products delivered on-time and within budget. Producing superior, reliable products is one of the cornerstones of our corporate philosophy. To that end, many of our first production-run pocket doors are still in service after decades of use. We believe this is a true testament to our product quality and customer service. Steecon has expanded its product line to include a variety of customized monuments. Hi-Lo Tables, Side Ledge Tables, Monitor Lifts and Curved Pocket Doors are now available in both manual and electrically operated versions, for all VIP aircraft. Every Steecon product is custom built to order and arrives pre-assembled for ease of installation.
Upon receipt of an RFQ, we review the project SOW, timing and budget with the customer and submit the requested quote for their review/approval. As part of this process, customers should examine the following documents:
Once the estimate is approved and a purchase order received, we require the following information to begin the pre-production phase and to maximize long-term project efficiency:
- Aircraft floor plan
- Electronic (SolidWorks, STEP or AutoCAD) installation drawings(s) of the aircraft cross-section where the item(s) will be located
- The bulkhead pocket size (pocket doors only)
- Door handle supplier (Steecon or other), handle type/style and location/position (height) on the door
- The aircraft type and serial number
- If a stress report/structural analysis is required
- Notification of any physical testing requirements such as DO160, DO178, etc.
- Mandatory FAA certification(s) needed — 8100-9, 8110-3, 8130-3, etc.
- Key project personnel contact information (project managers, engineers, purchasing, etc.). New customers should also provide Accounting contact(s)
- Hi-lo table specs such as stowed/deployed heights, leg spacing, table top weight, etc.
- Flat panel monitor specs (manufacturer, model #, size, etc.) – if applicable
- Preferred freight company (FedEx, UPS, DB Schenker, etc.), desired service (overnight, 2-day, ground, freight, etc.) and account number
We believe each customer and project is unique and manage the pre-production, production and post-production phases to the specific needs of both. Receiving electronic engineering files allow us to incorporate our products directly into the cabin schematics. This enables both parties to review and check item fit/function at the onset of the project. We believe this helps eliminate or at the least, minimize costly production and post-production changes. Installation drawing reviews and modifications are made collaboratively to achieve a “design freeze” before products are released to production.
Once manufacturing begins, project management processes are employed to track all critical data and milestone dates. Our streamlined process allows us to quickly adapt to any necessary changes in production, output or delivery schedules. Quality control and testing are maintained throughout the manufacturing process per FAA guidelines.
Hours of operation:
Mon-Fri: 7am PST – 4pm PST
1 facility @ 17,000 ft/sq